The European Commission has launched a call for tender for a €3 million service contract for “Culture for Development in the Southern Mediterranean region” under the reference EuropeAid/133724/C/SER/Multi.
The specific objective of the project is to reinforce the capacities of the public and private cultural sector as a vector for democratisation, and economic and social development for societies in the Southern Mediterranean.
The project will:
1) Through a bottom up approach, develop the capacities of decisions makers for the cultural sector, more specifically through:
• Peer to peer/secondment activities in order to support structural, institutional and legal reforms in the cultural sector following the development of the capacities of the main decision makers
• Regular public consultations, including in rural or remote areas
• Mapping and studies on the sector
2) Coach beneficiaries of the culture grants awarded through the Call for Proposals "Media and Culture'' (reference EuropeAid/134169/ C/ACT/Multi), especially in the management of EU-funded projects.
3) Develop networks between cultural practitioners, at regional or sub regional levels in key areas of the culture sector (university and art schools, members of Parliament, ministries, local authorities, etc.)
4) Provide to decision-makers and practitioners a 360° overview of the state of play of the cultural sector in the region, including information on the programme, its results and its impacts
The deadline for receipt of applications is 27 May 2013, 16:00 local time.
The initial duration of the contract is 48 months, with a provisional start date of November 2013.
This call for proposal is a part of the regional programme "Media and culture for development in the Southern Mediterranean" approved by the EC end of 2012. This programme has been allocated a total budget of €17 million over a four-year period, of which €9 million is for the award of grants on a co-financing basis and €8 million for one capacity-development mechanism on media (one service contract to awarded under a call for tenders to be published shortly) and one capacity-development mechanism on culture (this call for tender). (EU Neighbourhood Info)