The beneficiary organizations are public and private enterprises concerned with increasing the competitiveness of SMEs.
Medibtikar’s operational base is Cairo, Egypt. The Programme is funded by the European Commission and supervised by European Commission Delegation in Cairo.
The Medibtikar project will provide the MEDA countries with new and improved instruments to stimulate innovation at the firm and country levels.
The project will also simulate networking across the MEDA region, and between the region and the countries of the European Union.
* To encourage good practice in technology and knowledge transfer by administrations, enterprises, industry federations, chambers of commerce, etc.
* To support the creation and/or improvement of intermediary organizations in charge of implementing support policies for SMEs (Innovation and Technology Centers (ITCs), TechnoParks, Incubators).
* To support innovation management, from the development of a national innovation strategy to the identification of services to provide to SMEs.
* To provide support to specific sectors facing common challenges in the MEDA region.
* To develop national and regional networks supporting innovation stakeholders and connecting key players across the Euro-Mediterranean countries.
* Innovation services in Techno Parks & Incubators.
* Technology Transfer & technology Management.
* Managing Innovation at institutional level.
* Studies & Reports.
* International Events.
* Networking and Promotion